Magical Weather is a new weather app for the iPad, released today.
It’s a bit like the excellent Weather HD app, in that is uses a set of animated images to reflect current conditions – but it offers a little more detail about the current weather.
Here are its notable features:
Weather reports for over 2 million locations worldwide:
– Current temperature with today’s high and low (in Fahrenheit or Celsius)
– Relative humidity
– Probability of rain
– Atmospheric pressure
– Wind speed (in Beaufort, knots, mph, kph, or mps)
– Change in temperature since yesterday
– Current UV index
Weather forecasts for each location:
– Today’s hourly forecast, including probability of rain
– Seven-day forecast, including highs and lows
– Sixteen unique, tailor-designed weather animations make Magical Weather your window on the weather
– Exposé view shows you the current weather conditions for up to nine locations at a glance
– Clean, crisp icons and text give you the information you need without cluttering up your screen
The app makes it easy to swipe upwards to see forecasts for the next six days, or down to see just a snapshot of current conditions. You can also swipe left to see an hourly forecast for the current day. Again, these are similar features to Weather HD – but they are quite nicely done in this app as well.
Right now you can get the app for 99 cents. This is listed on sale ‘for a very limited time’ – so if this sounds like your kind of weather app now is a good time to grab it.
Here’s an App Store link for Magical Weather.