Project Pad is a new iPad app with a tag line of ‘Project management made easy‘. It’s the first project management focused app for the iPad that I’ve seen. There are a good number of iPhone apps in this area, but the iPad’s bigger screen should lead to superior offerings I would imagine – and it looks like Project Pad is aiming to be one of those.
Project Pad was designed specifically to take advantage of the unique features of the amazing iPad platform and deliver a touch-based, easy-to-use tool to professionals and non-professionals alike.
I haven’t tried the app out, as luckily I just don’t have a need for project management apps – but I think it looks like an interesting one for project managers and others who need this type of app. Here are some of its features:
• Create multiple projects and quickly switch between them
• Create tasks within each project, with a start date and duration for each
• Task row rearranging using standard iPad gestures
• Set Percent Done for each task
• Set an Owner for each task
• Automatic visual alerts for incomplete tasks
• Group child tasks underneath a parent task
• Set hard and soft dependencies between tasks
• Table and Gantt-style Views with 3-Position split view
• Independent preferences for Portrait and Landscape orientations
• Gantt view time scale zoom in/out
• Built-in support for sending comments to the development team
You can find Project Pad in the App Store now, priced at $9.99.