Coach’s Eye is a video analysis app aimed at coaches across all sports. The iPhone version has proved immensely popular and this week the app has been updated, is now a universal app, and has a full iPad version.
Here’s some background on what the app offers:
Coach’s Eye provides the most effective way for anyone to coach or learn form and technique. Improve your pitcher’s fastball, straighten your golf swing, easily break down a volleyball serve, improve soccer skills, or even demonstrate weightlifting form. Every coach, parent and athlete needs an edge and Coach’s Eye delivers. Coach’s Eye is the easiest to use video analysis software ever made and it’s packed with amazing capabilities. Neither you nor your athletes will be disappointed.
INSTANT VIDEO REVIEW
• RECORD VIDEO. Our built in video camera makes it easy to record and review your athlete’s performance on the field, analyze their technique on the spot and make immediate corrections.
• SLOW-MOTION REVIEW. Our unique flywheel is optimized to allow fluid, precise video scrubbing. You will be amazed at how easy it is to identify and review technique or play execution.
• REVIEW ON BIG SCREEN. Use Coach’s Eye to review video on your TV monitor or projector through AirPlay and Apple TV, or a HDMI connection. (iPad 2 / New iPad / iPhone 4S only)
COMPLETE VIDEO ANALYSIS
• DRAWING TOOLS. Annotate your video using lines, arrows, circles, squares and freehand tools. Marking up and breaking down footage like a pro is drop dead simple.
• AUDIO VOICE OVER. Record your thoughts while scrubbing through and breaking down footage. Your voice will be synced to the video’s slow motion, scrubbing and drawn annotations.
• IMPORT VIDEO. Import existing video from your device’s Camera Roll, via email, or directly from the Dropbox app. Then, mark it up and break it down.
• IMMEDIATE VIDEO ACCESS. Quickly find the video you are looking for with search, favorites, and filtering.
• NAMING. Give your video a name that is specific to the athlete, drill, or activity being recorded.
SIMPLE VIDEO SHARING
• EMAIL or TEXT MESSAGE videos directly to coaches, athletes or parents. Videos can be viewed on their computer or mobile device.
• YOUTUBE. Broadcast your videos by uploading directly to the world’s most popular video destination site.
• DROPBOX. Share your videos directly to the Dropbox app for easy syncing between devices and desktops.
• CAMERA ROLL. Save videos to your device’s Camera Roll and sync with your desktop.
• OTHER APPS. Share your video directly to any app registered to handle .MOV videos (Dropbox, GoodReader, Evernote, and more).
• COLLABORATE. Share a video via email or SMS to anyone with Coach’s Eye installed. They can easily import the video directly into the app by tapping the “Open In Coach’s Eye” button from any link shared to their mobile device.
• VIDEO TIMELINE. Get a free online account to see a timeline of videos you’ve shared or viewed.
I’m not a coach, nor could I play one on TV, but I think this app looks very impressive. It’s got strong testimonials from some notable coaches on its App Store page as well. I imagine this should be quite a useful tool for coaches at youth levels and similar.
Do we have any coaches here? If so, have any of you tried this app? What do you think of it?
Here’s an App Store link for Coach’s Eye: it’s priced at $4.99.
Latest posts by Patrick Jordan (see all)
- Fandango Movies iPad App Updated: New Spotlight Carousel, New Icon, and More - April 17, 2014
- Sponsor: Grungy iPad Screen, Read On - April 17, 2014
- Age of Empires: World Domination Coming to iPad and iOS this Summer - April 16, 2014