College Life is a new iPad magazine aimed squarely at university students. It’s also touted as the ‘ultimate, uncensored monthly college publication for the iPad’. Here’s a little more of its App Store intro:
We cover real topics that affect campus communities worldwide. We offer academic and career advice, inspiring campus stories, answers to even your most intimate questions, sports coverage, hilarious content from all over the web, and much more!
We are committed to providing the best, most widely read digital publication for college kids everywhere. We listen closely to our subscribers’ needs and provide content that they want to read. Enjoy the FIRST magazine on the newsstand to specifically publish for the college demographic!
It’s been roughly a million years or so since I was college age, but its interesting to see an iPad title aimed at college students so I wanted to give this one a quick look after being approached by its developers.
Here’s a few things I noted about the magazine’s first issue:
– It’s price at $3.99 – or you can take out a 1 month subscription at $1.99 or an annual subscription for $10.99. There’s no sample or preview issue to look at before paying up.
– It’s a very ‘light’ first issue – just a 20MB download, with only around a half dozen features / articles in 27 pages, viewable in portrait mode only.
– The initial issue’s content mix seems good, at least to this way past college age reviewer. Highlights include a feature on best college apps, with some good selections; a Facebook 101 article that focuses on ways to adjust and clean up your profile so that prospective employers aren’t scared away by it; and a regular monthly Top 10 feature.
– The images in the app are good quality and there are some interactive elements on pages as well.
I don’t recall seeing any other iPad magazine titles aimed at this audience, so presumably that’s a good starting point for this magazine. I’d say the first issue shows some promise – but I think if I were a potential regular reader I’d want to see more in future issues.
Here’s an App Store link for College Life Magazine (it’s listed, oddly, in the App Store as College Social Life Magazine).
I know we have a good number of college student readers here. What do you all think of this new iPad magazine?
Latest posts by Patrick Jordan (see all)
- Age of Empires: World Domination Coming to iPad and iOS this Summer - April 16, 2014
- Notable New iPad Apps: WordPerfect X7 (Limited Free Trial) - April 15, 2014
- Ziner RSS Reader for iPad Updated – Lots of Nice Little Improvements - April 14, 2014