It’s The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown is a new iPad interactive storybook app that’s a re-imagined version of the classic Peanuts Halloween special.
While Linus and Sally wait for the Great Pumpkin, you can create your own Peanuts character and join Charlie Brown at his first-ever Halloween party! Choose from millions of hilarious costume combinations and dress up to trick-or-treat with Lucy, Pigpen and the rest of the gang. Carve your own pumpkin, play a little ditty on Schroeder’s piano and bob for apples with Snoopy — just watch out for dog germs, blech!
The app features narration by the original voice of Charlie Brown, Peter Robbins and digitally remastered illustrations, and voices, dialog and music from the 1966 original TV special.
It’s also got a lot of interactive elements to add to the entertainment for kids. Here are some of its main features:
● Choose from over 1 billion creative avatar and costume combinations to create your own Peanuts character
● Go trick-or-treating with Charlie Brown and the gang
● Carve your own pumpkin, bob for apples and play Schroeder’s piano
● Touch and drag objects to make them “spring” to life or tilt to watch them slide and move
● Objects magically pop out of the page to delight little and big kids
● Educational features such as word and note highlighting to help improve reading and musical skills
● Hear individual words spoken with the tap of a finger
The app is published by Loud Crow Interactive. Last year they brought us A Charlie Brown Christmas in this same faithfully re-imagined iPad storybook format. I did a review of A Charlie Brown Christmas for iPad and I loved the app. Here’s a bit of what I had to say about it:
For those of us who grew up with Peanuts and A Charlie Brown Christmas, this iPad version feels warm, familiar, and comfortable – it feels like Christmas. For newer fans like my daughter I think the feelings are similar. She loves the story and loves this version of it.
A Charlie Brown Christmas does what many of the very best iPad apps do – manages to not feel like an app at all. When you’re using it it’s all Charlie Brown and all about the story.
I’ve only just installed this new Great Pumpkin storybook app, but I imagine I’ll be posting a review of it soon.
Here’s an App Store link for It’s The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown; it’s priced at $4.99 and is a universal app designed for both the iPad and iPhone.
Latest posts by Patrick Jordan (see all)
- iPad Art: Watercolor Tiger - April 20, 2014
- Office 365 Personal: Lower, $69 per Year Option for iPad Users - April 20, 2014
- iPad App of the Week – Ancient Battle: Alexander - April 19, 2014