A new iPad app for Jon Stewart’s The Daily Show hit the iPad App Store this week. It’s called The Daily Show Headlines and it replaces and older app called simply The Daily Show.
The new app does not contain full episodes of The Daily Show (though there are links to get them in iTunes) – instead it’s a collection of headlines from the last two weeks, an archive of clips from past shows, and snippets on upcoming guests and schedule alerts if you want them.
It also offers ‘digital exclusives from Jon and The Best F@#king News Team Ever’.
Here’s the list of key features of the app:
** Optimized with high-resolution videos and graphics for the new iPad**
• Watch headlines from the past two weeks
• Sort new clips by popularity, or use our random quotes module to relive some of the show’s classic bits
• Search the archive for clips you missed or want to watch again
• Never miss an episode on-air–set personalized tune-in reminders
• Get inside info on the show’s guests
• Share it all via Facebook, Twitter or e-mail
I’m a big fan of The Daily Show, though I have to say I had never noticed the previous app. I installed this new one last night and it’s a pretty good app. The Quotes section is my favorite at the moment – it’s full of very funny quotes (and accompanying clips) from Stewart, his colleagues, and guests. The app is a little crash-prone at the moment, not terribly so but it feels like a 1.0 version (and it is).
If you’re a Daily Show fan it’s well worth a look.
Here’s an App Store link for The Daily Show Headlines; it’s a free ad-supported app and a universal app designed for both iPad and iPhone.