The Official Masters Tournament – the iPad app for The Masters 2012 – hit the iPad App Store yesterday. The Masters is a one-of-a-kind sports event, and their official app for the iPad and iOS has always been stellar as well.
This year’s version looks better than ever – and should be a must-have for golf fans during this year’s tournament, which runs from April 2-8. To say the app is packed with good content would be a major (tee hee) understatement. Just for starters, it will offer live simulcast of CBS’ Saturday and Sunday coverage, and seven additional live streams of video content.
Here’s more detail on some of the app’s notable features:
– All video will be displayed in beautiful full-screen, HD-quality and viewable with 3G and Wi-Fi connections
SEVEN ADDITIONAL LIVE STREAMS OF VIDEO CONTENT
– Wednesday’s Par 3 Contest
– Tournament play at Amen Corner (Hole Nos. 11, 12, and 13)
– Tournament play at Hole Nos. 15 and 16
– Two channels of Featured Groups on their play of the second nine
– Masters In-Depth – A live highlights channel during ESPN and CBS broadcast
– Masters On the Range – Special analysis from a live-streamed Practice Range show Monday through Wednesday mornings
(Live video is available to view in the United States only.)
– ON-DEMAND VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS AND FEATURES
EXCLUSIVE LIVE SCORING
– Interact with the live Leader Board, which features up-to-the-minute scoring and video highlights of the greatest moments on the course
– A round by round view of each day’s pairings that includes player headshots and easy way to find the start time of any player.
– Galleries of daily tournament action, rich course imagery and the tournament’s illustrious historical moments.
– Detailed course information with imagery, flyover videos, and par and yardage for each of the Masters Tournament’s prestigious 18 holes
– Delve into a trove of Augusta National lore in a richly annotated interactive timeline, including archival films and photos, of the most significant milestones in Masters history.
In short, it’s an app that does justice to the legendary tournament. And it’s still a free app too.