OmniFocus – a powerful and popular task management app on the Mac and the iPhone – has now got an iPad version – OmniFocus for iPad. Here’s a little slice of its App Store description:
OmniFocus for iPad combines the in-depth task management functionality of a desktop app with the advanced mobile experience of the iPad. With flexible viewing options, location-aware task lists, and on-the-fly task entry with voice notes and image attachments, OmniFocus for iPad is the trusted system you need for managing everything in your busy life.
Use OmniFocus for iPad on its own, or sync with OmniFocus for Mac and OmniFocus for iPhone. New to OmniFocus for iPad are task forecasting views, a streamlined built-in review mode, and a simplified Map feature for creating and viewing tasks based on current or assigned locations.
And its features list:
– Quick Entry for fast, easy task capture
– Task inbox where items can be stored for future processing
– Detailed task options like start and due dates, repeating schedules, and audio note and photo attachments
– Organize tasks into projects and folders, with as much hierarchy as is needed
– Categorize and view tasks by contexts, or work modes (ie, "Phone" for all phone call-related to-dos)
– Subtasks, for breaking large tasks into manageable steps
– Built-in search for locating any task in your database
– Cloud sync: synchronize with OmniFocus for Mac and OmniFocus for iPhone
– Location-based contexts: the Map makes it easy to generate and view tasks based on current or assigned locations
– Forecasts: see a weekly or daily view of all due tasks
– Built-in reviewing that helps you stay current on all your projects
– Free customer support via email or phone
To say it is feature-rich is probably an understatement for an app like OminFocus. It’s also got a fairly rich price tag for this new iPsd version – $39.99.
You can find OmniFocus for iPad in the App Store now. If you’ve had a chance to try it out, let us know your thoughts on it in the comments.