Parallels Mobile – the excellent remote access app from the makers of Parallels Desktop virtualization software – has been updated this week, to Version 3.1. 530.
This app enables remote access to both a Mac computer and a Parallels Windows virtual machine running on it. I’ve been using it since if first hit the iPad App Store and I’ve always been impressed with it.
One of the most notable new features in this update to Parallels Mobile is that it is now ‘optimized for the new iPad’. Here’s the remainder of the new version’s change list:
- Fully compatible with iOS 5.
- Connecting to your Mac is now simpler than ever.
- Fixed scrolling in both Windows and Mac.
- Support for international keyboard layouts when working in Mac applications.
- Many other fixes and improvements.
And here’s a couple more screenshots of the updated app:
You can find the latest version of Parallels Mobile in the App Store now; it’s priced at $4.99 and is a universal app designed for both iPad and iPhone.