PBS for iPad – which brings a range of the old and new PBS shows to the iPad – has been updated this week, to Version 1.2.
The big new addition in this update is AirPlay support – so if you’ve got an Apple TV you can now watch its content on a big HD screen. I tested this out a little and it works well, as AirPlay always does once apps add support for it.
Here’s the rundown on content and features included in PBS for iPad, via its App Store page:
* PBS primetime programs: Antiques Roadshow, Frontline, History Detectives, Masterpiece, Nature, Need to Know, Nova, Secrets of the Dead, and more.
* PBS NewsHour segments.
* Austin City Limits song performances.
* Special clips and full-length episodes from the PBS special CIRCUS.
* Original online series, including Nova ScienceNOW’s “Secret Life of Scientists” and “FutureStates” from INDEPENDENT LENS.
* Quick access to TV times and channels for your favorite PBS programs.
* See what’s on your local PBS station and what’s coming soon.
* Learn more about PBS programs and specific episodes.
* Bookmark favorite programs and episodes for easy retrieval.
* Share videos with friends on Facebook, Twitter and email.
* Purchase episodes and seasons that you’d like to own.
Here’s an App Store link for PBS for iPad; it’s a free app.