Photogene for iPad – which was already one of the better iPad apps for photo effects / image manipulation – has had a big recent update, to Version 2.00. I only just got round to catching up with all my recent updates and took a few minutes to play around with this one. I have to say it really looks great.
Here are some of the major new features in this update:
- New photos browser – view photos as large thumbnails
- Give captions to photos
- Batch uploading – pick several photos and upload all at once
- Metadata viewer – displays EXIF metadata including geotagging
- New editor tools – denoise filter, better sharpening, heat/clone tool, more
- Export in high res: up to 8MP
- Direct printing from Photogene
The new features are great to work with, and the app’s UI just feels a lot slicker and nicer to use – and it was never bad before this update.
I always say it’s great to see already stellar apps pushing out major updates and enhancements, and this is another good example of this practice.
You can find this latest version of Photogene for iPad in the App Store now, priced at $3.99.