Pimp Your Screen, easily the best iPad wallpapers app, has been updated this week – to Version 1.8. The most notable change in this update is the addition of categories.
There are four categories in the app to begin with – Abstract, Cartoon, Holidays, and Sci-Fi. You can also purchase three additional categories at 99 cents each or $1.99 for all three. These three are Animals, Sports, and Nature.
This has been a favorite app of mine, and one of my go-to sources for iPad wallpapers, for a long while now – and was one of my selections in the Best iPad Apps of 2011 list.
Here are just a few examples of some of the iPad wallpapers I found in the app this afternoon just while checking out the update – starting with one from the Abstract section:
I bought two of the three extra categories via In-App purchase. They each have around 35-40 wallpapers, and the app is updated daily with new content. Here’s an image that caught my eye in the Sports section:
And my favorite one for today, from the Animals section:
Here’s the full change list for this latest updated to the app:
– Bug preventing from saving Retina resolution content from Lock Screen Maker and Home Screen Maker on the new iPad has been fixed
– Recent category renamed to New. It stands for the content that is being updated daily
– Revised Facebook and Twitter integration
– Stability and performance improvements
– We’ve expanded the entire collection with brand new categories, so you have even more content to enjoy on your device: Abstract, Cartoon, Holidays and Sci-Fi. If you’re a true Pimp Your Screen lover, you will definitely want to check out the new additional galleries available as in-app purchase: Animals, Sports and Nature
– Daily updated content: new Icons Skins, App Shelves, Neon Combos and Home Screens, including special holiday goodies as always
And here’s an App Store link for Pimp Your Screen; it’s priced at $0.99 and is a universal app designed for both iPad and iPhone.