Ultimate Sharks for iPad, from Discovery Channel, is on sale at a huge discount for this weekend only. It’s down from its normal price of $9.99 to just $0.99.
If you have even a mild interest in sharks, this is a great app to have on your iPad. I did a review of Ultimate Sharks for iPad back in August of last year – you can have a look at that for lots of detail and screenshots from the app. In the meantime, here are some of its key features:
10 DEADLIEST SHARKS: Packed with robust content about the most fearsome shark species known including the Great White, Hammerhead, Tiger Shark and others
• 3D INTERACTIVE SHARKS: Control the sharks with your fingertip. Make them swim, hunt and attack
• HIGH QUALITY VIDEOS: Over 3 hours of custom-created shark videos created from Discovery’s legendary shark library and narrated by Mike Rowe of Dirty Jobs fame
• AIRPLAY-ENABLED: Share your favorite shark videos with friends and family on the big screen
• ATTACK STORIES: Unbelievable tales of human encounters with sharks
• EXCLUSIVE CONTENT: Over 75 screens of content, expertly written text and narrative, interactive maps and infographics
• HI-RES PHOTOS: Over 250 breathtaking high-resolution photos from some of the world’s most celebrated wildlife photographers
Here’s an App Store link for Ultimate Sharks. It’s on sale at 99 cents this weekend.