Photogene for iPad – one of the leading photo editing apps for the iPad – is on sale this weekend for just 99 cents, down from $2.99.
I use Photogene for iPad often and listed it in my post on the best photo editing apps for iPad. One of my favorite things about the app is its Collage Maker feature, which makes it easy to make collages with your images. It’s a feature I’ve not seen in any other photo editing or ffects app.
The app has a strong set of editing tools as well as some nice effects. Here are some of its other notable plus points:
– The user interface is quick and responsive. Most actions happen in real time.
– Photogene includes a convenient full screen photos browser with large thumbnails (requires location-services permission).
– Photogene is a great companion to the camera connection kit. It supports various RAW formats. Photogene can open up for editing very large files and supports an export resolution of up to 8 MP (21 MP on iPad 2).
– Photogene allows you to export several photos at once, and it supports a wide selection of export destinations, including Flickr, Dropbox, Facebook, Twitter, Picasa, FTP and mail.
– Localized effects: apply filters or color adjustments by "painting" them on specific areas of a photo. The tools include Dodge & Burn, Blur, Grayscale and various effects and filters.
Here’s an App Store link for Photogene for iPad.