Pocket Informant Pro for iPad and iPhone is on sale today only at 66% below its normal price. It’s available for $4.99, down from its standard price of $14.99.
The app is a powerful productivity app that has calendar, tasks, notes, and contacts functionality and a wealth of strong features. It’s been a leading PIM (personal information manager) app on a number of mobile platforms for many years now.
When I say the app boasts a wealth of features, I’m not kidding. Check out this list of existing and new 3.0 features:
NEW 3.0 FEATURES
• NEW ”CLEAR” INTERFACE – a brand new redesigned interface that is beautiful, flat, and easy to use
• EVERNOTE SYNC – sync your notebooks, tags, notes, and attachments (stacks, todos and tables not supported yet)
• RICH TEXT EDITOR for notes
• WEATHER (available as an in-app purchase) to show weather in all calendar views
• NATURAL LANGUAGE EVENT AND TASK CREATION – Enter phrases like “Coffee with Mom every Tuesday at 6am”. Pocket Informant will understand and set your event accordingly. Currently, only available for English.
• PROJECTS can now have a due date, a default template, be set to automatically complete, use parallel/sequential/single-task “next action” modes, and more!
• CHECKLISTS – create checklists for your tasks that involve lists of stuff (like grocery shopping, packing, etc)
• TODAY VIEW now shows Tomorrow, plus is fully customizable with Smart Filters and more!
• PI ONLINE EMAIL TO TASK CONVERSION – Subscribers can now email Pocket Informant Online to automatically create tasks that sync down to Pocket Informant!
CURRENT FEATURES MADE EVEN BETTER!
• VIEWS – Today, List (Agenda), Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Task, Notes, Contacts Views
• INTEGRATED – show Events and Tasks together either what’s “in progress” or just what’s due
• SYNC – access iOS Events & Reminders directly, or sync with Google Calendar/Tasks, Toodledo, Evernote, or our very own subscription service “Pocket Informant Online” for the best sync experience.
• FILTER – use Tags or Calendars to filter your events, tasks, or notes
• TEMPLATES – create Templates to quickly generate events or tasks – even tasks with subtasks!
• TASKS – powerful task manager supports checklists, subtasks, recurrences – or if you prefer just use our Simple Task mode – its up to you!
• SMART FILTERS – create your own custom dynamically filtered lists of tasks
• EVENT LOCATION MAPS – tap a button and show today’s events mapped out for you, tap on the event and get directions (integrates with Google Maps, iOS Maps and Navigon)
• TASK LOCATION ALERTS – get alerted when you get near a location for a specific task, or assign a location to a Context and get alerted for a group of tasks
• NOTES – create rich text notes and VOICE NOTES organized however you like!
• CONTACTS – view your contacts by letter, company, photo, or Contact Group; create events or tasks from a contact; assign contacts to a group
• RECURRENCES – supports simple (every day/week/month/year) or complex (e.g. 4th Friday of every other month)
• CUSTOMIZABLE – we give you the options you need to customize the way Informant works as well as how it looks. ISO week numbers, event & task defaults, month & week view layouts – all at your command.
• COLORS/ICONS – use Calendar or Tag coloring to visually make your organized calendar or task list more readable
• UNIVERSAL – runs on all your iOS devices with one purchase! Other apps cost more than twice as much and have separate versions for iPhone and iPad!
It’s hard not to be impressed with that list. I’m particularly happy to see that Pocket Informant now has more and better sync options. I’m going to take another look at the app now, and today’s a great day to pick it up.
Here’s an App Store link for Pocket Informant Pro.