The popular Reeder 2 RSS reader app for iPad has been updated today, to Version 2.2.
This update adds a number of new and changed features and some bug fixes. New features include background app refresh, which is always very welcome in an RSS app.
Here’s the full list of changes in this Reeder 2 update:
– Background app refresh (per account setting, disabled by default)
– Loading progress indicator for the in-app browser
– Smart streams now also support grouping by feed or date
– New setting to disable favicons for subscriptions/article list (see Settings → General)
– Reeder now can handle feed links (feed://) from external apps
– Added navigation pan (right/left) to toolbars and empty spaces in list views (in addition to the left and right screen edges)
– Added a drag handle to the browser toolbar to make it clearer that you can slide right/left to go back/forward
– Pocket integration now uses OAuth
– Pinboard integration now uses API token
– Sharing via Messages now includes the title and link
– Updated appearance of article list entries (moved the “unread dot” to the upper right of the row, same as in the current Reeder for Mac beta)
– That really annoying bug where an article might just disappear when launching the app
– Multiple Feedly accounts
– OPML import issues
– Disappearing status bar (white theme on iPad)
– Don’t select entries when scrolling
– Browser scroll issues with fixed elements
– Missing scrollbars in the browser
– Missing scrollbars for dark themes
– Improved Fever error handling (re-login bug)
And here’s an App Store link for Reeder 2; it’s priced at $4.99 and is a universal app designed for both the iPad and iPhone.