The Repix photo editing app for the iPad has been updated this week, to Version 1.3. The big news in this update is the addition of a new spotlight filter and frames. You can see the spotlight filter applied in the image above, of the my incredibly handsome Deputy Editor Dawg.
The new spotlight filter is available via In-App purchase for $1.99. I’ve been playing with it a little, and it’s great fun to use. I think it’s already my favorite filter among many good ones in Repix. You can use it with a couple of different effects – Stage is the one I used above, and Disco is another cool option.
The new frames are available within the app after the update, with no need for an In-App purchase.
Here’s the full change list for this latest update to Repix:
* New unique Spotlight Filters. Direct the lights with a finger.
* New handcrafted Frames tool. Pinch to adjust the frame size.
* New design let you edit quicker and easier than ever
* New adjustments tool with faster and more robust experience
* New direct sharing to Flickr
* Full support of Exif data
Repix is one of the best iPad photo editing apps around – easy to use and a very nice set of features. It’s also a recent pick as our Best Free iPad App of the Week.
Here’s an App Store link for Repix.