Safari To Go is a new iPad app that provides a portal to content for subscribers at Safari Books Online – the home for thousands of leading titles on technology, digital media, and professional development. If you’re techie, or studying for tech certs, you’ll recognize many of the blue-chip publishers at Safari Books Online, such as O’Reilly Media, Cisco Press, Microsoft Press, Addison Wesley, and more.
Here’s a more detail on the app, via its App Store page:
Safari To Go provides the perfect combination of all the user friendly features of the iPad with the power of Safari Books Online’s platform. This application allows users to enjoy most of the features of Safari Books Online, including accessing Favorites, note creation, tagging, and bookmarking. In addition, users can download books directly to their iPad and read offline. No internet connection required!
And some of its key features:
– Search technology to help users find exactly what they need by searching the vast collection of books and articles available
– Search within the content of a book to pinpoint specific information quickly.
– Sign up for trials and subscriptions from the application
– Access the sample content of each book (for non subscribers)
– Gain access to folders and notes with tagging and bookmarking of book content synchronized between the app and the full website
– Cache book content to the iPad for offline reading
– Navigate quickly and easily via a simplified, touch screen interface, optimized for iPad users and designed to allow users to quickly start where they left off and spend more time reading and less time searching
Subscription options for Safari Books Online are pretty steep, at $22.99 per month and $42.99 per month for limited and unlimited access, respectively.
You can find Safari To Go in the App Store now, and it’s a free app.