Skyfire Web Browser for iPad is available in the App Store now.
Skyfire is the browser that enables Flash video on the iPad and iPhone, by doing the conversion to iOS-friendly format on their servers. Here’s more information on the app, straight from its App Store page:
WHAT IS SKYFIRE?
Finally on the iPad! Skyfire is the browser that not only allows you to view Flash Videos on iOS, but provides as well the best integration of social features for a quicker, more informative and most of all fun internet experience.
• Play millions of Flash videos – everyday, with no limits!
• All-new ‘Skybar’ toolbar gives one-click access to video and related content
• Stay in touch: Unique Facebook and Twitter ‘Quickview’ allows you to see your wall and feeds with one click.
• Universal ‘Like’: Like ANY page on the internet, with one click.
• Fireplace: See only the links shared by Friends. Why? Filter what friends did from what friends shared (which is a great starting point for browsing)
• Popular: See what Friends and the Facebook community have to say about the site you are currently exploring
• Be informed: Quick access to GReader feeds
• Be social: Share via Facebook and Twitter
• Share to more services including GReader, Instapaper, Pinboard and Read It Later
• Standard browser elements: Tabs, search, sharing, bookmarks, history, etc.
• Full screen option for maximum use of screen real-estate – with scroll to top
• ‘Desktop’ option loads pages as on a desktop browser, giving more flexibility in accessing web sites
• Private Browsing option: Browse with no history and cookies left behind
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT SKYFIRE:
Although Skyfire is known to “bring Adobe Flash to the iPhone”, you should be aware of the following limitations:
» Flash VIDEOS are supported; Flash Games and Flash Apps are NOT supported.
» We do NOT SUPPORT ALL WEB SITES that use Flash Video. We are working hard at it, with millions of videos already supported. But we cannot guarantee that your favorite site is already on the list.
» For users and sites outside USA: Your country’s TV website may not work in Skyfire as some sites do not stream to our US based servers.
» Hulu is NOT supported (they don’t allow it), but scores of other premium sites are available
» It may take 15-30 seconds for videos to load: Preparing goodness takes time…
» The application language is in English.
Skyfire for iPad is the best way to browse your favorite web sites, be in touch via Facebook and Twitter and enjoy millions of videos, including FLASH VIDEOS (Flash Games and Apps not supported). Access the content that matters to you: funny clips, sports and news updates, recommendations from your friends. Skyfire for iPad introduces as well the innovative ‘Fireplace’ and ‘Popular’ feature, which gives your quick access to links shared by your friends and the most popular content liked by people on the current site. Thus with Skyfire you are always in the know about what is hot – and share it easily via many means.
This app’s release should make lots of iPad owners very happy campers today. I’ve honestly not missed any Flash content on my iOS devices, so I don’t feel the need to use Skyfire. If you have trued the app on the iPad, please share your thoughts in the comments.
You can find Skyfire Web Browser for iPad in the App Store now, priced at $4.99.