The superb TED app for iPad and iPhone has been updated this week, to Version 2.0. This is the app that brings more than 1,000 wonderful TEDTalk videos to the iPad – or as they’re touted ‘riveting talks by remarkable people’.
This update is all about making the talks more accessible to more people, along with some significant improvements to the app itself. Here’s the full change list:
Subtitles! Translations! Speed! TED 2.0 is a huge update with features you’ve been asking for.
• Subtitles: Over 90 languages available directly from our new video player, or over AirPlay
• Translations: Browse a curated TED catalog in your preferred language
• Speed: New talks and downloads get to your device quicker than ever
• Improved videos: Faster buffering and more profiles for different connection speeds
If you need some mental stimulation rather than just escapist entertainment on the iPad, there’s not a better app for the job than TED. It’s one of our selections for the Best iPad Apps of 2012 – and it’s good to see this update that should help it reach even more people.
Here’s an App Store link for TED; it’s a free app.
Latest posts by Patrick Jordan (see all)
- What Happened to the Analytics Tiles iPad App? - March 6, 2014
- How To: Use Private Browsing on the iPad - March 5, 2014
- Lovely iPad Rumor of the Day: iOS 7.1 Out Any Day Now, to Support iTunes Festival App - March 5, 2014