The Daily – the first iPad-only newspaper – has had another update this week, to Version 1.2.3.
The details for this update state that once it’s applied ‘the app experience should be faster’. Here’s the full change list for it:
• Increases speed by deleting old data.
• Biggest fix: crashes! Increased stability of the app.
• Increased reliability of newsstand downloading.
• Fixes app in newsstand so you’ll see the most current cover.
• Fixes the issue with the new content (green) banner getting stuck.
Happily, the app does seem to be performing a little better following this update, at least for me thus far. The progress bar for new issue downloads zips along much faster than it used to. This latest update comes with some (familiar looking) notes on how to get best results from it:
ALERT: The first time you use this version you may experience slowness while the app is performing background maintenance. FOR BEST RESULTS please delete your current version of the app before updating.
Once you’ve updated it should take about 1 minute until an issue is fully loaded.
I know we have quite a few readers of The Daily here. If you’re one of them, let us know in the comments what you think of this update and performance following it.