If you follow this site regularly you know that I do an iPad wallpapers post most weekends – and quite often the wallpapers featured come from the superb Pimp Your Screen app. It’s by far and away the best iPad wallpapers app I’ve ever come across, and has been for some time. And of course it was one of our picks in our Best iPad Apps of 2011 post.
Yesterday Pimp Your Screen was updated, to Version 1.7. The big news in this update is that the app has added retina display support and is now featuring retina-ready content. I’ve been eagerly awaiting this update and I got a chance to take a look at some of the new content last night. Needless to say, it looks great – and I’ll be sharing a few new favorites this weekend.
Here’s the rest of the change list for this new version of Pimp Your Screen:
- Updated icon preview layer
- New Icon Skins, App Shelves, Neon Combos and Home Screens to spice up the look of your devices
- Stability and performance improvements – super fast performance now
- Daily updated content, including special holiday goodies as always
The app is currently on sale at 50% off – just $0.99 – to help celebrate the new update, so now is a great time to grab it if you haven’t already got it installed.
Here’s an App Store link for Pimp Your Screen; it’s a universal app designed for both iPad and iPhone.
Latest posts by Patrick Jordan (see all)
- Notable New iPad Apps: iOOTP Baseball 2014 - April 18, 2014
- Fandango Movies iPad App Updated: New Spotlight Carousel, New Icon, and More - April 17, 2014
- Sponsor: Grungy iPad Screen, Read On - April 17, 2014