Tweetbot – one of the leading Twitter apps for the iPad – has had a major update this week, to Version 2.3.
There’s a lot in this latest update – including a new tie-in to the popular Storify app and support for the Droplr file sharing service. The majority of the update is devoted to new ease-of-use features and UI enhancements – as you can see in the full change list:
- New tweet detail view with inline conversations and replies (swipe right to left on a tweet for quick access)
- New gesture in tweet detail to get back to the timeline quickly (swipe left to right)
- New conversation view now contains both the conversation and replies (swipe left to right on a tweet for quick access)
- Ability to email conversations or post a link to them via Storify when in the conversation view
- Droplr Support
- Video thumbnails now have a “play” icon to differentiate it from image thumbnails
- Timeline sync bookmark icon is now an optional setting
- Reorganized tweet drawer (last two buttons have gone through some options reorganization)
- Added thumbnail support for Vimeo links
- Higher res image uploads when on wifi
- Hold down compose tweet button to quickly open last draft
- Support for $stock links
- Improved email format when sending tweets, DMs, or conversations as email
- Arabic Localization
As it has for many others, Tweetbot rapidly became my favorite Twitter app on the iPad as soon as it was released. Its UI really is gorgeous and it’s a pleasure to use. Seeing frequent, solid updates is always good too.
Here’s an App Store link for Tweetbot for iPad; it’s priced at $2.99.
Latest posts by Patrick Jordan (see all)
- What Happened to the Analytics Tiles iPad App? - March 6, 2014
- How To: Use Private Browsing on the iPad - March 5, 2014
- Lovely iPad Rumor of the Day: iOS 7.1 Out Any Day Now, to Support iTunes Festival App - March 5, 2014