The official Twitter app for iPad (and iPhone) has been updated today, to Version 5.0. The iPad app in particular has had a major design refresh. Here’s the full change list for the new version:
- New Twitter for iPad
- New profiles with header photos
- Photo streams on profiles and events
- Other improvements, polish, and fixes
I’ve only spent a short while with the new version of Twitter for iPad, so I really don’t have much to say by way of first impressions as yet. I don’t think it matches Tweetbot as yet, but it is good to see the app get a little more ambitious update than it has had in quite a while.
I wish Twitter would change their stance on no longer updating their Mac app, and also on their policies that seem dead set against 3rd party Twitter apps. I’m definitely in the camp that believes 3rd party apps have been a huge part of Twitter’s success and they should be looking to increase their support for them, not erode it.
For those of you who have updated to this new version of Twitter for iPad, what do you think of it? What’s your favorite iPad Twitter app?
Here’s an App Store link for Twitter for iPad; it’s a free app.
Latest posts by Patrick Jordan (see all)
- Sponsor: If your iPad looks like this, please read on… - March 7, 2014
- What Happened to the Analytics Tiles iPad App? - March 6, 2014
- How To: Use Private Browsing on the iPad - March 5, 2014