The iPad edition of Wired Magazine has hit the App Store.
This is one of the most anticipated apps for the iPad. It’s the ultimate science and tech magazine finally in a truly digital form – soon to be available ‘for nearly all other tablets’, and available right now for the iPad.
Here is some of the description and details on the debut issue’s content from its App Store page:
Download WIRED and be the first to experience this groundbreaking magazine with exclusive iPad content. Go behind the scenes of Pixar’s Toy Story 3. Spin our interactive Mars map to see the human impact on the Red Planet. Hang out in the recording studio with Nine Inch Nails frontman Trent Reznor. See the greatest special effects in modern film—all in one reel. It’s the WIRED vision of how technology is changing the world—and it’s only on the iPad.
In the June issue of WIRED, you’ll find:
• The inside scoop on how a commando team rescues hostages, how Cheetos are made, and how great jokes get written.
• The definitive guide to gardening for geeks.
• The story of Charles Komanoff, whose spreadsheet could eliminate traffic jams.
• The best new LED TVs, tested and rated.
You’ll also get more iPad extras like:
• A video journey aboard a real Con Air flight.
• A behind-the-scenes tour of a biobank—a warehouse of frozen medical tissue samples.
• Expanded slide shows, video, music, and more
I’ll try to get a review up later today. The short story is, it’s excellent. I’ve already spent an hour or so browsing Wired – and so far it is just as cool as I thought it might be when I first started seeing demos of the iPad edition. Sharply designed, interactive, and full of the great content mix we’re used to from Wired.
You can find Wired Magazine in the App Store now, priced at $4.99 for this first June edition.