WWF Together is one of the very best iPad apps I’ve ever laid eyes on. I can’t think of too many other apps with such spectacular photos and certainly none with such amazing photos of some of the most beautiful animals on earth. It’s immensely sad to realize that these are also all endangered species.
The app has recently added a couple of new ‘species stories’ on Sharks and the Jaguar. The photos of Jaguars are just incredible and really show what magnificent creatures they are.
Here’s a few of the most notable features of WWF Together for iPad:
• In-depth, interactive stories of endangered animals, including giant pandas, tigers, elephants, marine turtles and polar bears.
• Playful interactive elements that incorporate iPad’s unique features.
• Origami of each animal that folds up, creating an animated video you can share with your friends and family through Facebook, email and Twitter — plus, download instructions for making your own origami.
• 3D interactive globe – discover exactly how far away you are from 60 different animals around the world.
• Stunning high-definition, full-screen videos and image galleries, featuring photos by renowned environmental photographer Morten Koldby.
• Cool and unusual animal facts. (Do you know what a panda and a stick of butter have in common?)
• Multiple ways to get involved and help protect these amazing animals.
And here are a couple more of the incredible Jaguar photos:
It’s awful to see that there are only an estimated 15,000 Jaguars still in the wild.
Another big reason to love the WWF Together app is that these stunning photos remind us of some of these amazing species that are in danger, and the app offers a number of ways to contribute to the WWF.
Here’s an App Store link for WWF Together. It’s a free app.