The WordPress app for iPad and iOS has been updated again this week, to Version 3.6. Top of the list of changes in this update is ‘a completely redesigned new user experience’. At first I misread this as being a revamp to the app’s UI, but I think this means the initial sign-in process in the app has been refreshed. I deleted it and reinstalled and the interface does look new to me.
Here’s the full change list for this latest update to the WordPress iOS app:
• A completely redesigned new user experience
• A faster way to post: added a shortcut on the sidebar
– Fixed a problem with Tumblr imported blogs
– Emoticons now appear correctly on notifications
– Performance improvements for notifications
– Updated translations: now also in Russian, Danish, and Korean
Far from a major update here, and it feels to me like this app is still overdue for a more significant one. The interface when writing a post, the heart of a blogging app, still lags way behind apps like Posts and Blogsy – which is a bit of a shame considering WordPress’ stature as the number one blogging platform worldwide.
It’s good to see the WordPress app getting more regular updates, but it would be even better to see it start catching up with the best blogging apps for the iPad.