The iPad is taking over the NFL. It’s now far easier to reel off the short list of NFL teams that are not yet considering the iPad than it is to name the numerous franchises that are already using it or planning to start using it this season.
A recent article by Jeff Darlington at NFL.com declares that the iPad revolution is upon us and talks about how the iPad is revolutionizing playbooks for NFL players and coaches, instantly bringing the intricacies of the sport right to their fingertips. It also highlights how nearly every team in the NFL has at least considered rolling out iPads to players and coaching staff – and I noted that more than half of NFL teams are either already actively using iPads or planning to in the upcoming 2012 season.
Those teams are the Arizona Cardinals, Atlanta Falcons, Baltimore Ravens, Cincinnati Bengals, Cleveland Browns, Dallas Cowboys, Denver Broncos, Detroit Lions, Green Bay Packers, Indianapolis Colts, Miami Dolphins, New Orleans Saints, Philadelphia Eagles, Seattle Seahawks, St. Louis Rams, Tampa Bay Bucs, Washington Redskins.
The iPad offers several huge advantages for NFL teams – these include:
– Players and coaches no longer need to lug around 5 inch thick playbooks. This should save substantial amounts of money on printing as well.
– Game film and other key information is available much more rapidly – and can be updated far more easily. Players don’t have to go a team to a team training facility to catch up with the latest – they can do it in the comfort of their own home.
– Security is improved. When players lose an iPad or a player is about to be cut or traded, it’s easy to remotely wipe the data on their iPad.
The whole nfl.com article is a great read – check it out to see where your favorite team stands on usage of iPads. I’ll be surprised if we don’t see similar reports on iPad adoption among NBA and MLB teams.
Latest posts by Patrick Jordan (see all)
- iPad App of the Week – Ancient Battle: Alexander - April 19, 2014
- Cool Things: Evernote Business Notebook by Moleskine - April 19, 2014
- Mobile Cloth – The Answer to a Grubby iPad - April 19, 2014