Those of you who have used an iPad for a while will want to look away from this post, as it’s a very basic tip. For those of you who are newer users, I hope it will prove useful.
If you have a website you visit often and enjoy reading, say for instance a lovely iPad-focused site such as this one, and you’d like to add a shortcut to it to your home screen, it’s very easy to do.
Here’s how it’s done:
– Open Mobile Safari and browse to the site that you would like to create a home screen icon for. Be sure to stay on the home page of the site in question.
– Tap on the ‘Share’ icon just to the left of the address bar – the one that loos like an envelope with an arrow coming out of it.
– Tap on ‘Add to Home Screen’ on the popup you get after tapping the Share button.
– This will give you another popup, where you can accept the name for the new home screen button or edit it to whatever name you’d like for the site shortcut. I use JAiB as an abbreviation for Just Another iPad Blog. Once you have the name as you like it, tap on the Add button.
That’s it. You will then have a new home screen icon that will launch that site for you each time you tap it.
Hope this was helpful for some of you, and hope JAiB may find a home on your home screen.
Latest posts by Patrick Jordan (see all)
- What Happened to the Analytics Tiles iPad App? - March 6, 2014
- How To: Use Private Browsing on the iPad - March 5, 2014
- Lovely iPad Rumor of the Day: iOS 7.1 Out Any Day Now, to Support iTunes Festival App - March 5, 2014