Following the iPad’s launch in Canada, Rogers has posted a step-by-step guide to activating the iPad 3G on their network.
The guide covers first-time activation, managing your account, and offers details on data usage limits, how to cancel a plan and more.
Here is the step-by-step on how to do initial activation:
How to activate on the Rogers network:
- Make sure your Micro SIM card is inserted into the device, plug the iPad into an Internet-connected computer and update to the latest version of iTunes.
- On the iPad, click the Settings icon.
- On the Cellular Data tab, touch View Account.
- Enter your user and login information (screen shot above), then select your plan. A check mark will appear beside your selection.
- Enter your payment and billing information. You can subscribe to the plans by pre-paying via Visa, MasterCard or American Express.
- After reading and agreeing to all Terms of Service, review the payment summary screen and click Submit to complete
- An email and alert will then be sent to you confirming the transaction and your data plan will take effect in a few minutes.
For the full guide, visit the Rogers’ blog here: