Battle of the Bulge, the superb strategic wargame for the iPad, has been updated this week – to Version 1.1.0. Here’s the full change list for this update:
• Send messages to your Game Center opponent with your turns.
• Continue the “Battle of the Bulge” scenario after normal victory: fight it out to the bitter end!
• The AI Generals learned from previous encounters: thanks to your feedback they are smarter about supply, avoid simple feints, and make better tactical choices.
• It is harder to forget to move all eligible units.
• Smoother scrolling in Help, charts look better, and the daily history is easier to find.
• Choosing scenario and computer opponent is more obvious.
• Reduced memory usage.
• Added an entry to the iPad Settings app to prevent loading stuck games.
• Fixed bugs restoring Tutorial at certain key points.
Though this is not a huge update it’s still quite a strong list of new features and improvements. I know that the messages feature is one that has been near the top of a lot of players’ wish lists. Improvements to AI are always going to be a good thing in a strategic game of this kind. I also like the UI tweak that makes it more difficult to forget to move all eligible units in a turn.
This game was the best strategic wargame I’ve seen for the iPad right out of the gate. Updates like this one are great to see because they show the developers are not resting on their laurels – far from it.
Here’s an App Store link for Battle of the Bulge; it’s priced at $9.99.
Latest posts by Patrick Jordan (see all)
- Age of Empires: World Domination Coming to iPad and iOS this Summer - April 16, 2014
- Notable New iPad Apps: WordPerfect X7 (Limited Free Trial) - April 15, 2014
- Ziner RSS Reader for iPad Updated – Lots of Nice Little Improvements - April 14, 2014