Drive on Moscow, the first sequel to the excellent Battle of the Bulge strategic wargame for iPad from Shenandoah Studio, is set to be released next Thursday, November 21.
Battle of the Bulge is the first real, old-school strategic wargame, and was one of our picks for the Best iPad Apps of 2012. I’m a huge fan of the game and of Shenandoah Studio – a company that is committed to bringing classic board-style wargames to the iPad and iOS. They already have a number of great titles in the pipeline, including an epic sounding Gettysburg game.
Next up is Drive on Moscow – here’s a little Intro to it and an excellent video trailer for the game:
Drive on Moscow puts players in command of the largest battle of World War II, tasked to defend the homeland as the Soviets, or lead a bold push to seize the Russian capital as the Axis. Featuring turn-based gameplay and an award-winning UI design, Drive on Moscow is built from the ground up for iPad. Play online, face-to-face, or against challenging AI opponents. With accessible rules, Drive on Moscow is a great wargame experience for casual and veteran players alike.
And here are some of the game’s key features:
• Play as the Soviets or the Axis across three scenarios and the full campaign
• Command tanks, cavalry, infantry, airborne and more
• Play against multiple distinct AI opponents tailored for each scenario
• Online play is better than ever with enhanced chat features, new Game Center UI, and more information about your adversary
• Experience Russian winter on a map that changes with the weather
• Replay entire games to see every move and savor your triumphs
• New leaderboards and stats let you compete on a global scale
• Learn with the tutorial and quick start guide, or visit our online strategy forums to learn from other players
• Full rules are included for advanced players
• Includes extensive historical photos and commentary
• Designed by Ted Raicer, award-winning designer of Paths of Glory
Needless to say, I’m really excited about playing this great looking new game.
If you’re a fan of wargames or strategy games for iPad, you may want to mark your calendar for the release of Drive on Moscow. It will be available next Thursday, priced at $9.99.