Football Manager Handheld 2013 for iPad, the best soccer/football management app for iOS, has been updated this week with a number of significant AI improvements.
Football Manager is the world’s best selling football management game, and deservedly so. It lets you take the reins at any of the top European clubs or any club from the top leagues across 14 countries. The iPad version is not as in-depth as the desktop game, but I find it just as fun and addictive – perhaps even more so, because it plays quicker.
The new version, 4.3, was released yesterday and thought it’s far from a huge update it looks like the AI and gameplay enhancements should be quite useful. Here’s the full change list for this update:
– Improved handling of Bosman transfer decisions
– Improved player retention AI
– Improved player contract negotiation for big transfers
– Improved player contract requests for sugar daddied clubs
– Tweaked player attribute development
– Prevented clipping of physio string on coach report page
– Tuned World Player of the Year award
– Fixed Athletic Bilbao second team not being forced as Basque players
– Prevented instance where newly promoted player retires straight away
I installed the update yesterday and only managed to just create a new game; I haven’t had a chance to play it at all yet. I’m a little under the weather this week and only making it through half to 3/4 work days, so I’ll likely get a chance to give it more of a go soon. In any case, it’s always good to see this favorite game get updates.
Have any of you played much with the updated version yet?