iOOTP Baseball 2013 has been released today and is available in the iPad App Store now. This is the best selling and critically acclaimed PC baseball management game brought to the iPad and iOS.
The game is feature-rich and offers a real in-depth experience, and the 2013 version release is timed perfectly to coincide with the first week of the new MLB season. It offers three playing modes, as follows:
– Major Leagues: Choose a team and play out the 2013 season. Will Strasburg dominate the NL? How will Hamilton perform in LA? Find out!
– Fictional: iOOTP creates one of four fictional baseball worlds and populates it with fresh players and clubs. Select a team and build a dynasty from scratch.
– Historical Replay: Choose one of three past seasons — 1901, 1902, or 2009 — and see if it produces a different outcome. Every other year in history is available as in-app purchase!
This 2013 version comes with a number of impressive new features:
– Real 2013 rosters! Every player on every major league team is available, along with the top 20 minor league prospects for each team. Major league player ratings are based on PECOTA by Baseball Prospectus, the best player projection system today.
– Unlock exciting achievements
– Redesigned interface
– Improved play-by-play commentary and news stories
– Brand new Trading AI
– Recoded & much more realistic player creation
– New player development system
– Improved roster & contract negotiation AI
– Historical career play with real rookie import each season (requires successive years via in-App purchase)
– Universal build, the iPad HD version is included for free!
– Plenty of small tweaks & improvements
I played this game for the first time last year, on the iPad. I liked it a lot but wasn’t very good at it. I just installed the new version this morning and I’ll be testing out my managerial skills very soon.
Here’s an App Store link for iOOTP Baseball 2013; it’s priced at $4.99 and is a universal app designed to run on both iPad and iPhone.