Dominion HD is new iPad game that reminds me a lot of Risk, the classic old board game where the objective was conquest and world domination. Here’s a little slice of its App Store description:
Dominion HD is a modern take on the classic world domination game of strategy, risk and conquest. Players take turns building armies and seizing territory from their opponents.
Dominion HD benefits from Multiplayer functionality over WiFi or 3G so you can Challenge your friends locally or online, and Dominate the world!
And here are some of its key features from its App Store page:
– Local and online game play
– Play modes: Classic world domination, or modern objective based play
– Earn rewards to power-up your army
– Up to 5 players per game
– Challenging AI opponents and difficulty levels
– Multiple maps to conquer
– Crystal social gaming integration
– Play anyone, anywhere over WiFi or 3G
– Asynchronous Play: Take your turn wherever, whenever you’re ready
– Browse games via our online game lobby
– Compete against players worldwide, in multiple ranking categories
– Persistent player statistics
I only just got the game over the weekend and have only played it at the rookiest of rookie levels so far. It looks promising so far though. It’s got a good tutorial section that walks you through how to play, and I found I was up and playing in just a few minutes – and using some of the same principles you would use in a game of Risk.
The game offers a number of different modes and difficulty levels, as well as a good set of multi-player options – so it looks like one you can really spend some quality time with.
If you like simple, turn-based strategy games, this one seems well worth a look.
You can find Dominion HD in the App Store now, priced at $4.99.