Oh, this definitely grabbed my attention when checking out new iPad apps this morning. It’s a new turn-based strategy game for the iPad called Civil War: 1863. I’m a huge fan of this type of game and grew up playing strategic board games against my younger (but unfortunately far smarter) brother.
Here’s a bit of the game’s App Store description:
Relive iconic battles of the American Civil War. Take command of both the Union and Confederate forces in this exciting turn-based strategy game from the developers behind the international top-selling Tank Battle: 1944.
● 8 Mission ‘First Strike’ Campaign.
● 8 Mission ‘Hoorah’ Campaign.
● Includes battles based on historic events.
● Features both Union and Confederate forces.
● 7 different unit types with unique gameplay.
● Changeable unit formations and tactics.
● Generals can attach to units to increase morale.
● More capable Veteran units and unreliable raw units.
● 3 difficulty settings.
● Game Center Achievements and Leaderboards.
● Universal App (Works on iPhone & iPad)!
● High Definition graphics (including retina for the new iPad).
● 5 Pass & Play two player scenarios.
● Hours of Gameplay!
● Download extra campaigns.
I’ve tried out this publisher’s Tank Battle: 1944 and thought it was pretty good. This Civil War themed game looks very promising too. I installed it earlier this morning and I’ve only had time to play through a couple of the basic learn how to play scenarios, but I’m looking forward to playing it lots more this evening.
Here’s an App Store link for Civil War: 1863. The game is on sale at a ‘special introductory price’ of $1.99 right now – which is 50% off.
Are any of you fans of turn-based strategy games? If so, which ones have you enjoyed on the iPad?