The superb Battle of the Bulge strategic wargame for the iPad is on sale this weekend at 30% off. It’s down from its standard price of $9.99 to just $6.99.
This game has been getting well-deserved rave reviews since it first hit the App Store last December, and it’s been a huge favorite of mine since I was lucky enough to be on its pre-release beta testing team. It’s the first real, proper strategic wargame I’ve seen that’s truly made for the iPad.
I’ll do a review of it soon, but I can tell you right now the short story is that it’s a great game and tons of fun to play. Here are some of its key features:
Battle of the Bulge is a historical wargame, designed specifically for iPad. Bulge is a turn-based simulation in the spirit of traditional board wargames. Pieces represent actual military units fighting on the terrain of the famous WWII battle.
• Play three ways: online through Game Center; vs a computer opponent; or Pass & Play
• Fast turns, deep strategy
• Two scenarios: a quick, tense, fight in the opening days; and a campaign covering the entire battle
• Tutorial, quick start guide, and online strategy forums help players learn to play and to explore the game’s subtleties
• Extensive historical photos, film, and commentary
• Retina support
This is the first time the app has been on sale, and obviously a great time to grab it up.
Here’s an App Store link for Battle of the Bulge.
Latest posts by Patrick Jordan (see all)
- iPad App of the Week: Tynker, Teaching Children to Program the Fun Way - March 8, 2014
- Sponsor: If your iPad looks like this, please read on… - March 7, 2014
- What Happened to the Analytics Tiles iPad App? - March 6, 2014