Drive on Moscow: War in the Snow, the excellent strategic wargame for the iPad, is on sale again – at just $4.99. That’s down from its standard price of $9.99.
This is the follow-up to the award-winning Battle of the Bulge game from Shenandoah Studio. This one is on even grander scale and lets you take charge of the German or Soviet forces in the largest battle of World War II.
If you stop by this site even occasionally you know I’m a huge fan of these games from Shenandoah Studio,as they build on the old-school deeply strategic form of board style wargames and create a superb iPad experience that’s is faithful to that while also making the most of what the iPad can bring to the gameplay experience.
Here are some of the game’s notable features:
• Play as the Soviets or the Axis across three scenarios and the full campaign
• Command tanks, cavalry, infantry, airborne and more
• Play against multiple distinct AI opponents tailored for each scenario
• Online play is better than ever with enhanced chat features, new Game Center UI, and more opponent information
• Experience Russian winter on a map that changes as the weather worsens
• Replay entire games to see every move and savor your triumphs
• New leaderboards and stats let you compete on a global scale
• Learn with the tutorial and quick start guide, or visit our online strategy forums to learn from other players
• Full rules are included for advanced players
• Includes extensive historical photos and commentary
• Designed by Ted Raicer, award-winning designer of Paths of Glory
And here’s the App Store link for Drive on Moscow.
Latest posts by Patrick Jordan (see all)
- Sponsor: If your iPad looks like this, please read on… - March 7, 2014
- What Happened to the Analytics Tiles iPad App? - March 6, 2014
- How To: Use Private Browsing on the iPad - March 5, 2014