Flick Soccer! HD – the excellent freekick and dead ball striking app for the iPad – is available for free this weekend. The game normally goes for $4.99 and is free this weekend as part of a celebration by its developers (Full Fat Games) marking their 3rd number one game in the UK (NFL Flick Quarterback).
Here’s a little intro the game and some of its key features:
Use Flick Soccer’s unique ‘after-touch’ ball control to try and hit the target like a real Pro. Only Flick Soccer gives you this level of complete control and pinpoint accuracy. Featuring 5 modes of play, gorgeous graphics and an intelligent goalkeeper, Flick Soccer really is one of a kind.
• Full Fat Flick Controls mean everyone can play!
• Shoot for insane scores in Quickshot mode, it’s you vs the keeper.
• Take it to the limit in Endurance mode, set piece action with bonus items!
• Try out Challenge mode for the ultimate skill contest.
• Have you got the accuracy to hit the bar? Find out in Crossbar mode.
• Smash It! breaking glass panels against the clock.
• Unbelievably accurate flick controls for stunning top-corner shots.
• The most realistic goalkeeper on the App Store.
• Interactive defenders will jump and react to shots.
• Gorgeous Retina visuals and immersive sound.
• Game Center leaderboards and achievements.
I’ve played quite a few similar soccer games on the iPad and Flick Soccer HD is easily the best. As with all the Flick games, the level of control you can get with your flicking is unique and makes the game compelling and addictive to play.
Here’s an App Store link for Flick Soccer HD.