The Bard’s Tale – a comical take on classic role playing games for the iPad and iOS – has been updated this week and is on sale for 50% off for two weeks.
This week’s update, to Version 1.6, is a major one – here’s the change list for it:
•Classic Game Updates:
• Now includes The Bard’s Tale III: Thief of Fate (with in-game download)
• Classic games 1 & 2 can share characters.
• Compatible with 60beat controller! Play with same controls as original console version!
• Recovery of progress when app is force-closed.
• Tokens can now extend the Bard stats beyond the previous limit of 20.
• Widescreen display supported on iPhone and iPod.
• Fixed crash on exiting Frozen Tomb.
• Improved iCloud saved game synching.
My colleague Beth did a review of The Bard’s Tale for iPad last month, and was quite impressed by it.
Here’s an App Store link for The Bard’s Tale; it’s currently on sale at $2.99, down from its standard $5.99 price.