Here are some of the highlights:
* Apple has reportedly been working to move away from Samsung as a primary supplier, so it’s somewhat surprising to see a Samsung chip driving the LCD. We cannot 100% confirm that this display is made by Samsung, although it seems likely. Apple could be multi-sourcing this component, since supply chain reports indicate that AU Optronics and LG are providing displays.
* The battery is a large, single 16.5 Whr cell.
* Apple A5 processor–same as the latest iPod Touch, with 512 MB RAM
* Murata 339S0171 Wi-Fi, same as the iPhone 5.
* Multi-chip Broadcom BCM5976 touchscreen controllers
* Hynix H2JTDG8UD2MBR 16 GB NAND Flash
As you can see, this confirms that the iPad mini has 512MB of RAM, just like the iPad 2. I was hoping we might see 1GB, though I knew it was a bit of a longshot.
Check out the full teardown for all the details on the iPad mini’s innards.