Yesterday’s big Apple event was all about the new iPhone 4S, but the first portion of things featured Tim Cook (Apple’s new CEO) highlighting some very impressive numbers in all of Apple’s core product areas.
Some of the numbers for the iPad are just staggering – like these:
– Customer satisfaction ratings show a 95% score in a recent survey. This is described as ‘unheard of’.
– Adoption of the iPad in schools is huge. About a thousand universities across the US, including Stanford and Notre Dame, University of Pennsylvania, all have iPad programs.
every state in the US now has an iPad deployment or pilot in place today
– Momentum in the healthcare industry is also big:
80% of the top hospitals in the US are now testing or piloting the iPad.
– In the enterprise space, the iPad is also seeing unprecedented interest. 92% of the Fortune 500 are testing or deploying the iPad.
– And of course there’s the stat shown in the image at the top of this post: three out of four tablets sold in the US are iPads – per IDC Q2 2011 numbers, and here’s betting that number rises in Q3.
Talk about universal appeal – looks like the iPad has it.