Yesterday Apple announced their third quarter results for the year. For just about any other mere mortal tech company they looked pretty darn good – but after Apple’s immensely successful run over recent years they seem to have left Wall Street disappointed.
One thing that was far from disappointing was the iPad numbers announced – starting with 17 million sold, a huge 84% increase over last year.
Here are some of the other notable iPad related numbers and comments from yesterday’s announcement:
– This is a new quarterly record for iPad unit sales
– iPad momentum in the education sector was highlighted.There were more than twice as many iPads sold as compared to Macs in this sector last quarter. iPad 2 sales in K12 arena are particularly strong – as many had predicted give the lower price point.
– They estimate that the number of iPads in the enterprise space has tripled in the last year.
– There are now over 225,000 apps designed specifically for the iPad. Appshopper says there are over 250,000.
– They also noted that $399 is a very successful price point for the iPad 2.
All in all, a stellar quarter for the iPad. Now if the iPad range gets extended a little later this year, things could really get interesting. :)