The New York Times is now offering subscriptions in its NYTimes for iPad app. It’s one of the first blue-chip newspaper titles to offer subscriptions via In-App purchase.
The NYTimes for iPad app was updated today, to Version 2.1.0 to add the In-App subscription options and one other new item – the addition of a new Sunday Review section.
There are currently two subscription plans to choose from, as follows:
– NYTimes + Tablet App: Unlimited access to NYTimes.com and the NYTimes app for iPad. $19.99 per month.
– All Digital Access: Unlimited access to NYTimes.com and the NYTimes apps for iPad and smartphones. $34.99 per month.
I’ve never been a regular NYT reader or online subscriber, but I’m glad to see a flagship newspaper title embracing App Store subscriptions. Now that they’re in, I imagine many other major newspaper titles will soon follow suit.
For those of you who are regular NYT readers, what do you think of these new subscription plans? Are the prices appealing?
Latest posts by Patrick Jordan (see all)
- Fandango Movies iPad App Updated: New Spotlight Carousel, New Icon, and More - April 17, 2014
- Sponsor: Grungy iPad Screen, Read On - April 17, 2014
- Age of Empires: World Domination Coming to iPad and iOS this Summer - April 16, 2014