The Wall Street Journal has come to Newsstand on the iPad and iOS. It’s been updated to Version 5.0 and though the app looks the same as ever it now lives in the Newsstand folder. Here’s the full change list for the 5.0 update:
Newsstand & Alerts
- WSJ is now in Newsstand! Get new issues automatically delivered to your device overnight. To use Newsstand, tap ‘Allow’ when prompted.
- Note: WSJ App icon will now appear in the Newsstand Folder.
- Breaking News Alerts from WSJ. To get alerts, tap ‘Allow’ when prompted.
- Purchase a monthly subscription to WSJ through your iTunes account. With a digital subscription you get access to iPad, iPhone, WSJ.com and more.
The WSJ was one of the last big, blue-chip newspaper titles to remain out of Newsstand – so this move is good news for Apple. I wonder how iPad readers of the WSJ will respond, since there are many of them who are really not fans of Newsstand.
I’m sure we mush have some readers of the WSJ here – what do you all think of the move to Newsstand? Do you feel good, bad, or indifferent about it?
Latest posts by Patrick Jordan (see all)
- Sponsor: If your iPad looks like this, please read on… - March 7, 2014
- What Happened to the Analytics Tiles iPad App? - March 6, 2014
- How To: Use Private Browsing on the iPad - March 5, 2014