Apple announced some interesting iPad numbers today during their FY 13 third quarter results conference call.
Some of the notable numbers and points relating to the iPad included:
– 14.6 million iPads sold in Q3, down from the 17 million sold in last year’s quarter. The dropoff was attributed mainly to channel issues.
– On a brighter note, Tim Cook mentioned that year-to-date iPad sales are up an impressive 48%.
– 1.1 million iPads were sold into educational institutions in the quarter – a new record.
– Cook mentioned several blue-chip enterprises, including SAP and Nuvartis, that have deployed over 20,000 iPads each.
– The iPad was Number 1 in JD Power’s tablet satisfaction survey for the second year in a row (and the only two years this survey has been run).
– Latest figures show iPad still accounts for a massive 83% of tablet web usage share.
Overall this seems like a pretty strong set of numbers for the iPad, especially considering there have been no full, new iPad releases yet this year.