A new survey shows that tablet ownership among teens is on the rise, and finds that teens are big fans of the iPad. The survey was done by Piper Jaffray analyst Gene Munster and polled nearly 8,000 teens.
As AllThings D reports, in addition to finding that Apple “remains the pre-eminent technology brand for teens”, the survey highlights these results related to tablets and the iPad:
- 44 percent own a tablet – that’s double the number in the same survey 18 months ago
- Of those who own tablets, 72 percent own iPads.
- Of those who do not own tablets, but plan to buy one in the next six months, 74 percent hope to buy an iPad.
- 43 percent said they’d be more likely to buy an iPad if Apple released a smaller version of the device at $299.
Good numbers for iPad momentum there, especially if we see that little fella come out soon as we’re expecting to.
Latest posts by Patrick Jordan (see all)
- iPad App of the Week – Ancient Battle: Alexander - April 19, 2014
- Cool Things: Evernote Business Notebook by Moleskine - April 19, 2014
- Mobile Cloth – The Answer to a Grubby iPad - April 19, 2014