iPad 3, or next-gen iPad, rumors continue to heat up this month – and as they do there seems to be a growing consensus on the release timeframe. Here are some of the latest rumors on the iPad 3 that have caught my eye over the last several days:
– A Bloomberg report says that the iPad 3 has entered production and is on track for a March launch, that it will feature a higher-resolution display (probably Retina level) and a quad-core processor, and that it will connect to LTE networks.
– DigiTimes (who are admittedly all over the map lately with their rumors) says suppliers of new high-resolution panels for the next-gen iPad are ramping up production and will ship 6-7 million of the new panels in the first quarter of 2012.
– Finally, the Japanese site Macotakara reports that an iPad 3 launch event will be held in February – with the release likely to be in early March.
Though there’s really not much new or unexpected in any of these, it’s always good to see the consensus building up leading up to the expected announcement / release period. A launch event in a few weeks sounds good, as does a release date in early March. I’m hoping we will not see LTE support in the next iPad though.
Latest posts by Patrick Jordan (see all)
- Notable New iPad Apps: WordPerfect X7 (Limited Free Trial) - April 15, 2014
- Ziner RSS Reader for iPad Updated – Lots of Nice Little Improvements - April 14, 2014
- iPad Art: Black Widow - April 13, 2014