Ever find yourself with too many tabs open in Safari on your iPad or another iOS device? They do seem to accumulate pretty quickly for me over the course of a couple days of browsing.
Well, here’s a very handy reader’s tip for closing all open tabs more quickly, without even leaving the Safari app – it’s simple to do and it goes like this:
– Tap the + button at the top right of the Safari screen to add a new tab
– On the new tab screen tap on the ‘Private’ button/word at bottom left
– You’ll get a popup dialog that asks if you want to Close All or Keep All tabs.
– Select ‘Close All’ then tap on Private again and you’ll be back to normal browsing mode with a clean slate and no tabs open.
Voila, that’s all there is to it. Big thanks to reader Joe for sending in this tip. If you know of a quicker, slicker method for closing all the tabs in Safari be sure to tell us about it in the comments.
Latest posts by Patrick Jordan (see all)
- iPad App of the Week: Tynker, Teaching Children to Program the Fun Way - March 8, 2014
- Sponsor: If your iPad looks like this, please read on… - March 7, 2014
- What Happened to the Analytics Tiles iPad App? - March 6, 2014