Recently I’ve been seeing quite a few comments here from users saying they cannot save Facebook photos on the iPad since upgrading to iOS 6. They still get the ‘Save Photo’ prompt when they try to save an image of their own or from one of their friends in the iPad Facebook app, but the image never shows up in the Camera Roll as it always used to.
I had not ever experienced the issue myself, but as more users kept mentioning it I decided to research it a little this morning. And luckily there is a very easy solution to this problem. I’ve tested it out and it works.
Here’s what you need to do to be able to save Facebook photos on the iPad running iOS 6:
– Open the Settings app and tap on the Privacy section in the left sidebar (just four below the General section).
– In the Privacy settings window, tap on the Photos section. That will bring up a listing of all of your installed apps that have asked for and / or require access to your photo library.
– Look for the entry for Facebook, and tap so that it is turned On.
That’s it. That should allow you to save Facebook photos to the iPad Camera Roll just as you always could before iOS 6.
Latest posts by Patrick Jordan (see all)
- iPad App of the Week: Tynker, Teaching Children to Program the Fun Way - March 8, 2014
- Sponsor: If your iPad looks like this, please read on… - March 7, 2014
- What Happened to the Analytics Tiles iPad App? - March 6, 2014